Research and education
at the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Department of Biological
Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore.
This work is licensed under a Creative
Author/Editor: N. Sivasothi
Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Department of Biological
Sciences, National University of Singapore.
Made with Samizdat,
based on PHPosxom,
based on Blosxom.
05 Jul 2007 - Raffles Museum News has shifted to http://news.rafflesmuseum.net
News about NUS' Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Singapore - Archives
List of Categories : bejc * dinosaurs * education * linnaeus300 * media * meetings * museums * news * people * pub * research * resources * southeastasia * talks * toddycats * visitors *
Fri 01 Jul 2005
"Contributions to biodiversity exploration and research in Sri Lanka"
Category : pub
Table of Contents
|Hot off the press! - 30 Jun 2005: The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology, Supplement No. 12: Contributions to biodiversity exploration and research in Sri Lanka. 434pp. Eds. D. C. J. Yeo, P. K. L. Ng & R. Pethiyagoda.
The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology webpage.
"New frog species found in Sri Lanka." Reuters, carried by CNN, 29 June 2005.
- Introduction: Exploring Sri Lanka's biodiversity. Rohan Pethiyagoda.
- New species records of Sri Lankan mosses. Benito C. Tan.
- Plant biogeography and conservation of the south-westem hill forests of Sri Lanka. I. A. U. N. Gunatilleke, C. V. S. Gunatilleke and M. A. A. B. Dilhan.
- The Darwin Initiative Project on Sri Lankan landsnails: patterns of diversity in Sri Lankan forests. Fred Naggs, Dinarzarde Raheem, Kithsiri Ranawana and Yasantha Mapatuna.
- Presence of the alpheid shrimp genus Potamalpheops Powell, 1979 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Caridea) in South Asia, with description of a new species from Sri Lanka. Arthur Anker.
- Lancaris, a new genus of freshwater shrimp from Sri Lanka (Crustacea: Decapoda: Atyidae). Yixiong Cai and Mohomed M. Bahir.
- Descriptions of ten new species of freshwater crabs (Crustacea: Brachyura: Parathelphusidae: Ceylonthelphusa, Mahatha, Perbrinckia) from Sri Lanka. Mohomed M. Bahir and Peter K. L. Ng.
- A revision of the genus Oziotelphusa Mčller, 1887 (Crustacea: Decapoda: Parathelphusidae), with descriptions of eight new species. Mohomed M. Bahir and Darren C. J. Yeo.
- A conservation assessment of the freshwater crabs of Sri Lanka. Mohomed M. Bahir, Peter K. L. Ng, Keith Crandall and Rohan Pethiyagoda.
- A review of the barbs of the Puntius filamentosus group (Teleostei: Cyprinidae) of southern India and Sri Lanka. Rohan Pethiyagoda and Maurice Kottelat.
- The identity of the south Indian barb Puntius mahecola (Teleostei: Cyprinidae). Rohan Pethiyagoda and Maurice Kottelat.
- Molecular phylogenetics of Sri Lankan Ichthyophis (Amphibia: Gymnophiona: Ichthyophiidae), with discovery of a cryptic species. David J. Gower, Mohomed M. Bahir, Yasantha Mapatuna, Rohan Pethiyagoda, Dinarzarde Raheem and Mark Wilkinson.
- The Sri Lankan shrub-frogs of the genus Philautus Gistel, 1848 (Ranidae: Rhacophorinae), with description of 27 new species. Kelum Manamendra-Arachchi and Rohan Pethiyagoda.
- Description of eight new species of shrub-frogs (Ranidae: Rhacophorinae: Philautus) from Sri Lanka. Madhava Meegaskumbura and Kelum Manamendra-Arachchi.
- Reproduction and terrestrial direct development in Sri Lankan shrub frogs (Ranidae: Rhacophorinae: Philautus). Mohomed M. Bahir, Madhava Meegaskumbura, Kelum Manamendra-Arachchi, Christopher J. Schneider and Rohan Pethiyagoda.
- Description of five new species of Cyrtodactylus (Reptilia: Gekkonidae) from Sri Lanka. Sudesh Batuwita and Mohomed M. Bahir.
- Calotes desilvai, a new species of agamid lizard from Morningside Forest, Sri Lanka. Mohomed M. Bahir and Kalana P. Maduwage.
- Otocryptis nigristigma, a new species of agamid lizard from Sri Lanka. Mohomed M. Bahir and Anjana Silva.
- A conservation assessment of the Sri Lankan Agamidae (Reptilia: Sauria). Mohomed M. Bahir and Thilina Surasinghe.
- Interspecific variation in Moschiola, the Indian chevrotain. C. P. Groves and E. Meijaard.
- An second extinct big cat from the Late Quaternary of Sri Lanka. Kelum Manamendra-Arachchi, Rohan Pethiyagoda, Rajith Dissanayake and Madhava Meegaskumbura.