Research and education
at the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Department of Biological
Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore.
This work is licensed under a Creative
Author/Editor: N. Sivasothi
Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Department of Biological
Sciences, National University of Singapore.
Made with Samizdat,
based on PHPosxom,
based on Blosxom.
05 Jul 2007 - Raffles Museum News has shifted to http://news.rafflesmuseum.net
News about NUS' Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research, Singapore - Archives
List of Categories : visitors * museums * meetings * research * talks * southeastasia * news * education * pub * toddycats * bejc * people * media * linnaeus300 * dinosaurs * resources *
Fri 26 May 2006
Dinosaurs! Symposium, Thu 25 - Sat 27 May 2006: 2pm - 6pm
Category : dinosaurs
Day 1: Thu 25 May 2006: 2pm - 6pm
- Welcome by Dean FoS, NUS & Director, SSC
- Peter Larson (Black Hills Institute of Geological Research) - "Controversy and Science in the Life of a Palaeontologist"
- Christopher Brochu (University of Iowa) - "The Dead Speak: Lessons from a Tyrannosaur"
Day 2: Fri 26 May 2006: 2pm - 6pm
- Peter Makovicky (The Field Museum) - "Sickle-clawed dinosaurs of the Southern Hemisphere."
- Xu Xing (Institute for Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology) - "In search of Bird's Ancestors."
- Peter Larson - "Variation and Sexual Dimorphism in Tyrannosaurus rex."
Day 3: Sat 27 May 2006: 2pm - 6pm
- Christopher Brochu - "The Myth of the Living Fossil"; or, "Why Crocodiles Are Better Than Dinosaurs."
- Panel discussion - "Jurassic Theme Park for Integrated Resorts?" Moderator: Peter Ng (Raffles Museum, NUS); Panel:
- Christopher Brochu (Department of Geoscience, The University of Iowa)
- Peter Larson (Black Hills Institute of Geological Research)
- Peter Makovicky (The Field Museum); Xu Xing (Institute for Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology)
- Leo Tan Wee Hin (Director, National Institute of Education)
- Ben Chan (Executive Director, Nanyang Technopreneurship Centre, Young Entrepreneur Centre).
Symposium details and speaker's background available at the Dinosaurs! webpage.
- Entry to the symposium is free.
- The normal ticket charge to the exhibition appiles: $10/adult; $8/child (3-12yrs old).
- Your ticket allows entry in to the rest of the Singapore Science Centre as well.
Ticket Discounts for NUS
- NUS staff and students get a 10% discount on admission for a max of 5 persons per visit with your staff/student card.
- Faculty of Science staff, students and alumni get 20% discount on admission for a max of 5 persons with a coupon obtainable from the FoS or department offices (if you need help, email me at: ).